Wedding Venues Wexford
The Magic of Marlfield for your Wedding in Wexford, Ireland
Marlfield House is one of Irelands most luxurious country house hotels and wedding venues in Wexford. The Bowe family and staff have been welcoming guests since 1978, with over 35 years of dedication and experience in the hospitality business and are proud members of Irelands Blue Book and Relais et Chateaux . Set in 36 acres of lush gardens and woodands, it provides an exclusive and unique setting for a most romantic and memorable country house wedding. Imagine having all of your family and friends with you in the privacy and exclusivity of your own manor house for the most important day of your life! Marlfield fulfills this dream and much more.
For larger weddings of over 50 guests exclusive use is offered which includes our 19 beautiful bedrooms and State rooms, providing accommodation for up to 42 guests. For a smaller party where exclusive use of the house is not required, the magnificent Print suite with its fine antique furniture,open fire, Print Wall and French doors onto the parterre garden, is a beautiful setting for more intimate weddings of up to 55 people.
Upon arrival on the day of your wedding our charming staff will pamper you and your guests with champagne and canapés served in our reception rooms, terrace and gardens. The reception rooms and State rooms at Marlfield are exquisitely furnished with open fires, antiques, paintings and garden flower arrangements and are the first indication that the setting for your wedding is a much loved house.
For those guests not staying in Marlfield there are three four star hotels and a choice of bed and breakfast accommodation within five minutes of Marlfield with an excellent taxi service on hand all night.
In addition perhaps you would like us to arrange an informal gathering for your friends and family the night before your wedding, a buffet or supper party or indeed a barbeque or lunch party the day after in the conservatory or garden. We can provide several different options for informal dining the day before or the day after your wedding.
Marlfield’s long standing reputation was built mainly on its food much of which is grown in our own kitchen garden or sourced and produced locally. Following a delicious dinner served in the conservatory dining room with its frescoed walls overlooking the garden, your family and friends can dance until the early hours in the hall with a cheese and port feast served at midnight. The dimly lit drawing room and library bar are perfect for friends and family to retire to in the wee hours.
We provide all inclusive packages from €85 per person which include everything from reception drinks, canapés, magnificent five course dinner with wines, late night food, abundant flower arrangements from the garden, candleabra and tealights on all the tables, the Master Suite with bottle of champagne complimentary for the bride and groom that evening. We will happily custom build a package tailored to your requirements. We have accommodation for up to 42 guests with rates from €70 per person.
In brief all packages include the following:
- Exclusive use of the House and 36 acres of gardens on the day and evening of your wedding celebration
- Printed menus and menu covers
- Candelabra and tealights on all tables
- Beautiful seasonal floral arrangements in the dinning room and all over the house
- License for late service bar and dance licence
- P.A. system for speeches
- Wedding menu tasting for the bride and groom including our house selected wines, prosecco, cremant and champagne
- Complimentary master suite for the bride and groom including bottle of champagne on arrival and breakfast in bed the next morning
- Private use of the house and gardens for all wedding photography
- Candles and lanterns outside and a heated covered smoking area
- Help with table planning and printed suggested table plans
- Red carpet outside the front door
- 16” Square silver cake stand and silver cake knife
- Personal help in making decisions on timings, churches, music, hairdressers, photographers and all services including recommendations on local accommodation
The hotel is closed until March 7th, however we are hosting wedding viewing days throughout this period. Please contact us by phone or email if you would like to view the house and gardens.
Margaret & Laura Bowe are here to help you plan every detail of your wedding. For further information or to receive a wedding pack please call 053 94 21124 or complete our online form.> View Weddings Gallery