The Duck Terrace Restaurant, Café & Bar
The Duck Terrace Restaurant & Café is located in restored courtyard buildings including a coach house, potting shed and gardener’s tool shed situated on the grounds of Marlfield House just outside Gorey. The restaurant is located in a long stone building with French doors opening onto a sandstone terrace overlooking the kitchen garden filled with vegetables, soft fruits, a plethora of herbs and beds of blooming roses!
The space comprises a relaxed restaurant with blazing fire, café bar and glasshouse with views of the manor house and garden and also a sandstone terrace for alfresco coffees, pastries, cocktails, lunch or dinner. A unique relaxed dining experience enjoyed by friends and family day and night throughout the year on the grounds of this lovely country house.
Our talented chefs cook using fresh and exciting ingredients from our garden and the locality. Food is modern fusion and Italian and is best described as delicious and moreish. Light dishes including antipasti, flatbreads and dips, exciting salads, steaks, fish and much more.
The Duck is open from 11:30am Wednesday to Sunday and every day from May to September. Reservations are advisable to avoid disappointment – please call 053 942 1124.
Follow The Duck on Twitter for news and exclusive offers – @theduckgorey
Bespoke menus available on request.
* please note that menus & pricing are subject to change
The Duck Restaurant uses lots of vegetables, herbs and fruits from our own kitchen garden from early Spring to Autumn and locally produced food including Wexford beef and lamb, Dunmore East and Kilmore Quay fish, local free range eggs, daily and cheeses.
- Fish: Duncannon fish & Atlantis seafood of Co. Wexford
- Meat: Slaney Valley, O Neills of Co.Wexford, all meat is 100% Irish origin
- Poultry: Glin Valley Co. Cork
- Game: Wild Irish Game Co. Wicklow
- Fruit, Vegetables & Herbs: Our own kitchen garden and Cullens & Keelings Co.Wexford
- Berries: Greens Berry Farm Gorey
- Dairy: Killowen Farm & Wexford Creamery
- Eggs: Our neighbours Samuel & Maurice Allen free range chickens
- Cured meats, salamis, olives and olive oil from Artisan producers in Luciano in Southern Italy through Mikel from Imex Lucania