The Duck Terrace Restaurant, Café & Bar
The Duck Terrace Restaurant & Café is located in restored courtyard buildings including a coach house, potting shed and gardener’s tool shed situated on the grounds of Marlfield House just outside Gorey. The restaurant is located in a long stone building with French doors opening onto a sandstone terrace overlooking the kitchen garden filled with vegetables, soft fruits, a plethora of herbs and beds of blooming roses! Recently named Atmospheric Restaurant of the Year 2017 by Georgina Campbell’s Ireland Guide and Restaurant of the Year 2017 by at South East Radio Hospitality Awards, The Duck offers unique dining experience in a casual setting.
The space comprises a relaxed restaurant with blazing fire, café bar and glasshouse with views of the manor house and garden and also a sandstone terrace for alfresco coffees, pastries, cocktails, lunch or dinner. A unique relaxed dining experience enjoyed by friends and family day and night throughout the year on the grounds of this lovely country house.
Our talented chefs cook using fresh and exciting ingredients from our garden and the locality. Food is modern fusion and Italian and is best described as delicious and moreish. Light dishes including antipasti, flatbreads and dips, exciting salads, steaks, fish and much more.
Reservations are advisable to avoid disappointment – please call 053 942 1124.
Follow The Duck on Twitter for news and exclusive offers – @theduckgorey
Bespoke menus available on request.
* please note that menus & pricing are subject to change
Here in the Duck Terrace Restaurant @ Marlfield House we use top quality Irish produce, of which there is an abundance. We buy from local food producers in Wicklow, Wexford, Carlow and beyond. We grow lots of our own vegetables and herbs in our kitchen garden through late Spring, Summer and early Autumn.
- Fish: Duncannon fish & Atlantis seafood Co. Wexford
- Meat: Slaney Valley, O Neills of Co.Wexford
- Poultry: Glin Valley Co. Cork
- Game: Wild Irish Game Co. Wicklow
- Fruit, Vegetables & Herbs: Cullens & Keelings Co. Wexford and an abundance from our own kitchen garden
- Berries: Greens berry Farm Gorey Co. Wexford
- Dairy: Killowen Farm & Wexford Creamery
- Eggs: from the happy, roaming hens of our neighbours Samuel & Maurice Allen
- Our cured meats, salamis olives and oils from Artisan producers in Luciano Southern Italy are sourced directly for us.