Georgina Campbell’s Guide – Country House of the year
Marlfield House is thrilled to be awarded the title of “Country House of the Year 2011″ by the renowned Georgina Campbell’s Ireland guide.
Georgina Campbell Guides is a publishing company specializing in Irish food and hospitality that was established in 1997 by Georgina Campbell, the well-known food & travel writer. The Irish company’s flagship product is Georgina Campbell’s Ireland – the Guide (All The Best Places to Eat, Drink & Stay).
In awarding the title of “Country House of the Year” to Marlfield House, the guide states -
“Marlfield House is a beautiful, small country house hotel that has never been in any doubt about its position in the luxury niche, with an emphasis on impeccable service, exquisite traditional style, superlative comfort and delicious food – much of it coming from their own immaculately maintained kitchen gardens.”
“Now run by Margaret and Laura Bowe, the daughters of the original owners (who have retired nearby), this jewel of a country house has a less formal atmosphere of late, but without so much as a hint of any slippage in standards – and their vigorous marketing underlines its position as a cultured destination, associated with events such as the Wexford Opera Festival and in-house offerings like their very special lunchtime recitals, held on occasional Sundays throughout the year.”
- Restaurant Association of Ireland: Best Customer Service Restaurant in Leinster 2014
- Restaurant Association of Ireland: Best Customer Service Restaurant in Wexford 2011, 2012 & 2014
- Good Eating Awards: Best Front of House 2012
- AA Courtesy and Care Award 2010
- International Hospitality Award 2003
- Andrew Harpers Hideaway Report: Best 25 Hotels in the World
- Condé Nast Johansen’s Best Country House Hotel 1997
- The Good Hotel Guide Cesar Award 1996
- RAC Gold Ribbon Award for Excellence 1999 to 2004
- RAC Blue Ribbon Award for Excellence 1992 – 1998
- AA Three Red Stars and Three Red Rosettes 1981 to 2004
- Michelin Guide Red M 1980-1996
- Egon Ronay Hostess of the Year Award 1995
- Johansen’s Best Country House Award 1993
- Murphy’s Irish Stout Ambassador of Tourism Awards 1993
- Graham’s Port Wine List of the Year 1991
- Relais & Chateaux World Wide Best Breakfast Award 1990
- Hideaway Report, One of the World’s Most Enchanting Hidaways 1986 & 1990
- Bord Failte National Garden Awards 1983-1986
- Wedgwood Top 50 Hotels Award 1984
- Bord Failte Restaurant Award for Excellence 1982-1994
Memberships and Associations
Relais and Chateaux
Relais & Châteaux is an exclusive collection of 475 of the finest hotels and gourmet restaurants in 55 countries.
Established in France in 1954, the Association’s mission is to spread its unique art de vivre across the globe by selecting outstanding properties with a truly unique character.
Furthermore, Relais & Châteaux is also a family of hoteliers and Grands Chefs from all over the world who share a passion for and a personal commitment to ensuring their guests are privy to moments of exceptional harmony. To choose Relais & Châteaux is to experience an unforgettable celebration of the senses.
From the vineyards in Napa valley to the beaches in Bali, from the olive trees in Provence to the lodges in South Africa, Relais & Châteaux offers a chance to explore the Route du Bonheur and discover a special place in a variety of destinations.
The Relais & Châteaux signature reflects this ambition: “ALL AROUND THE WORLD, UNIQUE IN THE WORLD.”